Monday, May 17, 2010

26.2 Miles, 4 Very Sore Quads, and Blisters Too Numerous to Count

A day that will live on in injury.  On Saturday May 15, 2010 in Boise, Idaho, Trisha and I ran our first, and hopefully not last (talk to us next week about it) marathon.  (Trisha ran, I kind of did the ugly fish-flop, dog with rabies meander; however, we both made it over the finish line.)  And we did it without throwing up and/or peeing on ourselves, which is more than some runners could say.   Naturally, for the past month Boise had great cold running weather; a couple of days before the race, the weather turned uncomfortably hot.  The last half of the race, the temperatures were in the eighties ... not so fun.  Needless to say, the idea of sneaking into the hotel where Jody and Eldon and Jenny were staying for a nice swim and a 44 ounce mango slurpee helped encourage us to the end.  At the finish line, it was great to have "Team Anderson" cheering us on.  What a great accomplishment!  Jody and Tama say they are going to do it next year, and anyone else who wants to join in the fun.  Yes!  Anyway, here are a few photos and our stats.  Thanks Ovoo and Emaa for all the words of encouragement, we missed you, but are glad you are in Mongolia experiencing your own marathon of sorts.  Here are our stats:  
                      Trisha Anderson 125 overall, 42 in age group ... 4:31:01.9
                      Loren W. Anderson 36 overall, 8 in age group ... 3:32:08.7. 

6 comments:

Jody said...

Fun weekend! But I don't remember saying anything close to me running a marathon. I had too much fun with a half. Good job Loren and Trish, what a great thing to have finished!!

Richard said...

Oh, what a great job!! Congratulations Trisha and Loren!! We're so proud of you and all of "Team Anderson!" What a great thing you are doing to support each other. We love you all! We loved the pictures,too! Thanks, Loren for posting so fast.

Eldon, Jenny, Kye and Makayla said...

It was very fun. Maybe Jody and I could run, maybe, the 5K. But for me, that might be pushings it. Congrats Loren and Trish, it was awesome watching you finish a great accomplishment!

Anna Linnea said...

What a cute little family you guys are!

Loren and Tama said...

yeah, Jody, I didn't recall that conversation, either!

ryantand tracya.blospot.com said...

Congratulations Trisha and Loren! That is an awesome accomplishment. Ryan, Joshua and I missed being with you all that weekend.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones