
Next door to the Ger we visited, is a little house, which is one room, with a fireplace/stove, two small beds, chest of drawers, with the TV on top and a small kitchen cupboard for preparing food. The table was a fold up table that sat in between the beds. I don't think these people are members, but they were so fun to visit! They invited his wife's brother over, when they knew the missionaries were coming. He plays several instruments and sings. This is like a fiddle, he held it just as you see in the picture, and moved the bow back and forth.

I thought of Jackson when he pulled out this flute. He made it sing so pretty! (I hope you're still practicing, Jackson). The man in the back is the brother, his wife in next to him. They sang with the music. The people in Mongolia have no hesitation about asking you how old you are, I'm starting to get use to it. (Dad tells them he is 29, and they all laugh)! My grey hair throws them, they all color their hair. But, guess how old the man playing the instrument is......? He is 67, two years older than Dad! The missionaries teased Dad, that is what he will look like in 2 years!

He played the accordian, also. His sight isn't very good so all of it is by memory.

We are sitting on the bed. I don't know how these people live. Life is very simple, but they are kind and giving. I feel so rich and so spoiled! I know in America we don't have alot, but by these standards, we are wealthy! I think they think all Americans have alot of money. We've had Church members ask us for money quite a bit. (They gave us strict instructions not to do that, but send them to the Branch President).

Elder Willoughby, Elder Odbayar and their grandson, in front of the outside door.
The grandson lives with them, I'm sure he helps them alot, with the fire and other things. He walked us to the gate when we left.
Elder Odbayar decided we as missionaries are going to learn a Traditional Mongolian song for Tsaagan Sar, because they will ask us to sing. He has taken it upon himself to teach us a song, in Mongolian! He doesn't know what a task he has undertaken! (They all know it but Dad and I). The Mongolian's love music and they are good singers. They know their country's songs and traditional songs by heart. I have ask several of the people and kids we teach English to, to sing it for me, they can and do.
We love you all!!
Take care! Thank you for the love and support you send to us!
Remember the Church is true and that God lives and loves
all of us!
2 comments:
You are having amazing experiences. WOW! You both look well and appear happy. Good, you deserve it. Althoug we all love hearing about your experiecnes and viewing your photos, the boys really enjoy it. They often talk about Mongolia and missions. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to talk about missions with them. The boys wonder how the camels from the photos you posted are doing. (BTW, Kudos on the great photos Emaa.) We love you!
These are the memories and faces that will stick with you long after you come home. I am so glad you get a chance to see eye to eye with the people and experience day to day life. You ought to include a phrase or two in Mongolian that you learned recently in your posts. It would be fun to try and figure them out. We might even learn a word or two! We love you, and we missed you at the baptism. We are actually glad it even took place, as Loren's post explained. Keep sending awesome experiences our way! The boys have really enjoyed learning about what you are doing. I think in their mental image, you are sleeping on dirt floors, and camels roam in and out of your apartment as they please. Oh well, whatever keeps their attention :) Love you!
Post a Comment